Bill of Rights Institute
The Bill of Rights Institute is excited to announce our 2013 Founders Fellowship Program is now open for applications! This program consists of five days of rigorous professional development in the Washington D.C., area, intended to deepen participants' understanding of and appreciation for the American Founding, and will focus specifically on the intersection of civil and economic liberty in the Constitution. Participants will for receive certificates for 25 seat hours!
Attending teachers will participate in pedagogical sessions and lectures with a master teacher and two Constitutional Scholars, as well as visit the historic homes and monuments of entrepreneurial Founders including George Washington. The program begins with required pre-conference readings which will be sent to participants in May.
- All Social Studies teachers of grades 9-12.
- Applicants must reside and teach in the United States.
- Lodging, transportation during the program, and most meals will be covered by the Institute.
- A $400 travel stipend will be provided at the conclusion of the program. *An additional $100 will be available upon completion of all post-program activities.
- Participants will be responsible for arranging their own transportation to and from the D.C. area.
All applications must be submitted by 5:00 PM EST on March 26, 2013. For questions, please contact Laura Vlk at events@BillofRightsInstitute.org.
We hope you consider applying for the Founders Fellowship Program if you are eligible. If you are not eligible, please let your colleagues know about this exciting opportunity!